Troy M. Moore, PLLC

Personal Injury, Probate, Business and Estate Planning Law



Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.


Get Started

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

Contact Troy Moore

Houston Estate Planning Lawyer

Guardianship Lawyer In Houston


Guardianship arrangements play an important role as you plan for whatever may happen in the future. For parents and those who are primary caregivers to minors or disabled or incapacitated loved ones, this provides peace of mind that children and individuals you care for will be looked after, no matter what happens to you and your spouse.


At Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, we offer knowledgeable guidance in the establishment of guardianships, providing you a clear understanding of your rights and options, as well as the best ways of avoiding mistakes that could jeopardize the arrangement.


Guardianship Lawyer In Houston — Protecting Those You Care About


Without a guardianship in place, the child or special needs individual will likely be placed by the state with a close relative, but there is no way of knowing exactly who will be granted custody. Guardianships allow the parent peace of mind that the minor will be placed with someone they trust to provide adequate care and management of the child's assets and any money left by the parent. If the ward has assets, the guardian is responsible to ensure that those assets are well managed and used entirely for the ward's benefit.


We also assist in creating trusts and special needs trusts to ensure that the ward is financially provided for. In cases of children, this involves disbursing the trust in a responsible manner, allotting only as much as the child needs until he or she reaches an age set by the parent. This prevents the child from coming into a large lump sum that he or she does not know how to manage or which could be mismanaged by others.


For special needs or disabled individuals, a special needs trust is important to ensure that he or she is cared for but not given too much, which would disqualify the individual from government assistance, such as Medicaid. Our attorneys are skilled in setting up trusts that will protect your ward.




To learn more about how we can establish a guardianship for your child or the person you care for, please contact our Houston, Texas, law firm today at 281-970-8039.


Small Firm Attention,

Large Firm Results!

Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, of Houston, Texas, provides representation throughout the metro area, including Houston, Cypress, Cy-Fair, The Woodlands, Spring, Katy, Tomball, Pinehurst, Magnolia, Waller, Harris County and all of Northwest Houston and North Houston.


© Troy M. Moore.  All Rights Reserved • Disclaimer • Site Map • Privace PolicySite DesignSEO HoustonSEO by

Cyberfix Online.

12850 Jones Road, Suite 201

Houston, TX, 77070

Office (281) 970-8039

Fax 281-970-1664