Houston Personal Injury Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims:
Were you or a loved one been in an accident involving in a motorcycle crash?
Seriously, how do you get on with it?
But trust me, it gets worse, and we are not talking about the injuries.
Insurance companies are often going to intrude and try to settle your case under value before you even know it. Also, because motorcycles are inherently dangerous, insurance companies would often blame the motorcycle riders in a vehicle accident. But don’t settle for anything less than you deserve. Find the exact answers to your questions before it’s too late.
How? You need an exceptional Houston motorcycle accident lawyer to handle your case!
You need – Troy M. Moore, Esq..
Driving in and around Cypress, Tomball, and Northwest Houston, Texas, can be a tremendous challenge. Based on the findings of the Texas Department of Transportation, over 5,000 motorcycle riders throughout the state suffered catastrophic injuries back in 2012. These motorcycle riders likewise seek medical attention and don’t just experience pain and suffering, but property damage as well. Serious motorcycle crashes can happen to anyone at any time, and you must prepare beforehand.
Have you or your loved one experienced severe injuries in a motorcycle accident in Texas? Then you need a lawyer who will vigorously pursue your accident claim in court, and one who is willing to take your case to trial.
Well, let me tell you this:
You are not alone.
At the Law Office of Troy M. Moore, our Cypress, Tomball, and Northwest Houston motorcycle accident attorney takes a proactive approach to your accident claim. We will identify all options available for you to recover the maximum compensation you deserve. We have been in service for already over 19 years, fighting for the rights of all injured riders out there like you. Our injury lawyer deeply understands that passenger vehicles often do not respect the motorcycle’s position on the roadways, and from personal experience. Despite the public’s view against motorcyclists as being reckless, our personal injury attorney knows that there are still careful and responsible riders on the road. That’s why we believe that they must share the road with buses, cars, and trucks equally. At The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, we have made it our mission and duty of care to support our clients in their unique circumstances. Especially when it comes to motor vehicle accidents, bus accidents, wheeler accidents, or any other vehicle accidents, we are deeply committed to holding the responsible parties accountable. Our skilled legal team will work relentlessly to make sure you also recover from your medical costs.
Most of Texas motorcycle accidents involve another vehicle colliding with the front of the motorcycle, causing all types of injuries. But, our personal injury attorney will help you no matter what kind of damage you are facing, such as:
- Road rash – Road rash happens when a person is thrown over the ground after being ejected from the bike. The friction between the road and the victim can result in extreme pain and serious injuries, causing the skin layers to be rubbing away.
- Brain injuries, including mild, moderate, and severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Our brain plays the most critical role in our body’s functioning. That’s why even the most minor injuries can lead to severe effects and consequences. A brain injury may range from a wound to a concussion, but receiving treatment is rare.
- Fractures and broken bones – Bones are our body’s foundation, and they also consist of some of the most vulnerable parts. Chances are, they will break if put in the wrong positioning or if an incorrect amount of pressure is applied.
- Muscle damage
- Spinal cord injury – If the accident includes vertebra fractures or the victim’s spinal cord is damaged, the patient would suffer severe consequences for the rest of their lives.
- Internal bleeding
- Paralysis – This type of injury can leave the patient disabled for the rest of his/her life. With costly medical bills and the need for legal assistance in receiving full monetary compensation.
- Loss of Limb
- Not only is an accidental amputation a painful injury, but it is also a stressful one. It can be difficult for a person to accept the reality that they have lost a limb.
An accidental amputation is not only a painful injury, but it is also an emotionally stressful one. It can be difficult for a person to hear that they have lost a limb, not to say anything about the logistics of moving forward.
TIPS FOR MOTORCYCLE SAFETY:
One way for motorcycle riders to reduce their risk of injury is to wear protective gear — helmets, gloves, lightweight shoes and boots, and jackets. However, even when riders wear protective gear, motorcycle accidents still lead to serious injuries. Most accident victims and survivors face chronic pain and suffering, high medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
Some essential safety tips that all motorcycle riders must follow:
- Choose the type of motorcycle that best fits you! Even when choosing a bike, pick the one that best suits you. Don’t pick the one that you find most appealing, but select the type that suits your riding limitations. You should also consider the size of your feet, so you’re able to reach the ground with ease when sitting on your bike.
- If your motorcycle is not built for carrying passengers, then never do it. Make sure your vehicle is designed to carry extra weight. And always make sure that the passenger’s safety should always be in mind.
- Use smart vehicle riding techniques. There are particular actions that a motorcyclist needs to consider that a vehicle driver does not. Things like avoiding tailgating and leaving a safe amount of space between you and the other vehicles. As tempting as it can be, try to stay away from riding between lanes—regardless of how heavy the traffic is.
- Assume that the other vehicle drivers are unable to see you. Don’t depend on other operators, and you must adjust yourself. That way, you can help protect yourself and other passengers. This includes keeping a safe distance, avoiding blind spots and always using headlights, regardless of the weather or the time of day.
Always wear protective gear—at all costs! When riding a motor vehicle, you should still be adequately and appropriately covered. Remember always to wear a pair of gloves, a DOT-approved helmet, boots that should cover your ankles, eye protection, long sleeves, and long pants.
Our law firm will assist you with different kinds of motor vehicle claims. It’s normal to ask questions regarding your case, mainly when the insurance companies try to talk to you about what happened. In this situation, you must make sure that you always have someone dedicated to protecting your best interests at all costs.
The Law Office of Troy M. Moore provides aggressive legal representation in different types of accident claims, such as:
- Car accidents, such as those that are caused by distracted, impaired, or fatigued drivers
- Truck accidents that result due to drivers violating federal rules and regulations
- Motor vehicle accidents that occur when other drivers are nearby
- Taxi, Uber and mass transit crashes
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Vehicles making left-hand turns into paths of motorcycles
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Motorcycle lane splitting
- Vehicles sideswiping motorcycles as they switch lanes
- Road hazards
- Objects in the roadway
- Poor weather conditions
Other leading causes of common motorcycle accidents include:
DRIVER’S FAULTSeveral common motorcycle wrecks happen when a vehicle turns in front of a motorcycle, hitting the biker when changing lanes, or running into the biker at a stoplight. Distractions, blind spots, and inattention may be the common reasons why the driver cannot see the motorcycle rider. Alcohol is also another factor in many motorcycle wrecks, such as drunk-driving and speeding.
Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, even when there is no driver at fault. Faulty vehicle equipment that slips past the manufacturer is enough to cause an accident and fails to protect passengers the way it should.
Over the years, motorcycle technology has developed to improve the safety of the rider. Many motor vehicles are now equipped with anti-lock braking and traction control systems. However, these advancements may not eradicate all possible hazards. Roads that are poorly maintained, leaked or spilled liquids on surfaces, or poorly built roads and highways are the leading causes of vehicle accidents and severe injuries.
After a Motorcycle Crash, What Steps Will I Have To Do?
Your primary goal should be to seek medical attention that you need after a motorcycle wreck. It may be challenging to obtain necessary information on the scene if you are seriously injured. However, police officers who will investigate the accident will usually talk to the other driver and get liability insurance.
Here are the essential details to gather at the scene:
- Insurance information for the driver at fault
- Photos from the accident scene and photographs of your injuries
- Witnesses’ identities, address and other relevant contact information
To seek medical help is one of the most important things you have to do for yourself. Motor vehicle accidents can cause brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, multiple broken bones, and painful road rash. Don’t try to make it difficult by finding-out the severity of your injuries later on. Delay in getting medical attention could do more harm than good. Likewise, it is a must to follow up with a doctor as recommended. If you don’t have health insurance, you can still receive medical treatment without paying upfront. To discuss more of your options, contact a skilled personal injury attorney.
Talking with the Adjuster
After an incident, we advise that you do not give the insurance company a telephone interview. However, if you choose to do so, you should always talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer first. BUT HEY – YOU’RE IN LUCK! Because our law firm offers free consultations, dial 281-970-8039 at our Cypress & Tomball location today.
Contact our Houston Personal Injury Attorney today!
If you or your loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, then you already know what your next move should be because this is where we come in. You need legal assistance and representation that would best suit your needs. With Troy M. Moore (a former biker himself) on your side, you’ll be able to evaluate your best choices of action as we help you recover in the process. No matter what type of accident it is, we, at the Law Office of Troy M. Moore, are confident that we will hold the responsible parties accountable.
Injured in a motorcycle accident in Texas? You are not alone. We are here to help in every step of the whole legal process. We will do whatever it takes to fight for the full compensation that you genuinely seek and deserve. At the Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, we have over 19 years of experience in helping and assisting accident victims in getting full compensation for their serious injuries. We will gather reliable and robust evidence from your claim, and build the most persuasive argument there is to fight for you. Get in touch with Troy M. Moore today and discuss your legal matters free of cost!
We offer a free initial consultation so that we can clearly and privately discuss your case and explain your options. Schedule your free consultation now and contact The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, at our Tomball/Cypress Location today at 281-970-8039. Or, visit our law firm at 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and we also provide a free phone consultation to all prospective clients.
Remember, there is NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN!