Personal Injury Lawyer
Truck Accident Injury Claims:
While trucks are still a significant transportation source for many products, this doesn’t mean that anyone should ever expect to be in a truck accident. Such truck collisions are often catastrophic to the victims and truck drivers in other vehicles due to the size and weight of semi-trailers and tractor-trailers. Anyone who has ever driven near a large commercial truck and an 18-wheeler truck knows how nerve-wracking it can be. Commercial vehicles are so hard to stop, vast, and heavy, that one wrong move could lead to a disaster.
However, Houston truck accidents do happen more often than you realize. These vehicle accidents involve preventable negligence, either by the truck driver or the insurance company for which they work. If you have been seriously injured in a truck crash in Houston, or anywhere else in Texas, then you are entitled to financial maximum compensation for your damages. Similarly, if you lose a loved one in a tragic car accident or truck wreck, then you are entitled to maximum compensation under Houston truck accident law.
Unfortunately, not always do the trucking companies or their insurance carriers step up to the plate and do what’s correct. The insurance companies aren’t on your side. They appear to oppose truck collision claims aggressively. And when you’re on your own, it can be a struggle to get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
From motorcycle accidents, car wrecks, and truck crashes, those who are responsible for catastrophic injuries to accident victims must be held accountable. Bodily injuries may hinder a person’s daily work and leisure activities.
If someone is liable for your losses as a result of a serious injury, then turn to an experienced personal injury lawyer at The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC. An expert Houston truck accident attorney could help you gather evidence, assess damages, and settle your claim if you’re seriously injured in an accident due to somebody else’s negligence.
The Houston truck accident lawyer at The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, can help. Our personal injury attorney has extensive personal injury experience in assisting clients throughout the legal process. We understand that loss of income, payment of medical bills, medical care, and repairing damage to property can put a severe strain on the finances of a family. That’s why we make it our duty to pursue and explore every legal avenue to recover the full maximum compensation you deserve. Contact us today for more details and request a free consultation. We have a long history of standing up for our clients and serving them the justice they truly deserve.
We, at The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, take these cases personally. We defend our clients as much as how we do to our families. We earnestly like to help you navigate the whole truck accident litigation and protect your best interests at every point.
Types of Truck Accidents We Handle
There is a wide range of trucking accidents that may happen, resulting in catastrophic injuries and deaths. Each of these truck collisions has things in common.
At The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, our Houston, Tx trucking accident attorney has decades of experience in representing families in personal injury cases, wrongful death situations, and truck accident claims following:
- Semi-truck and 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
- Unsecured, Spilled Load and Overload Accidents
- Rig Accident
- Head-On Collisions
- T-Bone Accidents
- Sideswipe Accidents
- Wide Turning Truck Accidents
- Jackknife Accidents
- Read-End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Tire Blowout Accidents
- Brake Failures and Runaway Trucks
- Construction Accidents
- Road Condition Incidents
- Defective Truck Accidents
- Truck drivers Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Trucking Blind Spot Accidents
Whatever type of trucking accident you’ve been affected in, you should immediately talk to an experienced truck accident lawyer. It may be clear what kind of commercial vehicle accident you were involved in, such as jackknife accidents causing a fatal truck collision. You may have been hurt in a vehicle accident, and you have no idea what caused it. Luckily, your personal injury lawyer is here to find out what happened and why.
Common Causes of Houston Truck Accidents
Just like any other vehicle accident, the majority of truck accidents involve driver error. Commercial trucks are complex machines. It takes particular skill and attentive care to operate them. Training, proper maintenance, and compliance with safety regulations are essential.
When truck drivers and truck companies allow safety to slip through the cracks, they are putting everyone else on the road in great danger.
Some of Houston’s most common causes of trucking collisions include:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Improperly loaded cargo/overloading
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Poor driver inexperience
- Drowsy driving in violation of federal motor carrier safety
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to keep a lookout
- Drugged driving or Intoxication from alcohol, drugs, or medications
- Defective trucks, tires, or parts
- Mechanical failure
- Poor weather
- Poor road conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
There’s no excuse to drive negligently. Drivers and trucking companies must act responsibly and must comply with the law. Likewise, it is also the responsibility of manufacturers to ensure the safety of any vehicle, part, tire, or any accessory they sell.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
If you were in an accident involving a vehicle or 18-wheeler accident, you might suffer from:
- Burn injuries
- Broken or fractured bones – The human body is not designed to withstand a large truck’s blunt force of impact. Ribs, legs, arms, and other bones are at risk of fracturing or breaking.
- Crushed Limbs
- Traumatic brain injury – During a truck accident, brain injuries may happen in either one of these ways: a direct hit to the head or a jostling of the head. Concussions can be the most common form of Traumatic Brain Injury and can be very serious.
- Neck and Back Injuries – Neck or back injuries can cause a wide range of symptoms, from chronic or acute pain to numbness, decreased mobility range, and even paralysis.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A spinal cord injury from a truck accident is particularly vulnerable. Damage to any part of the nerves or spinal cord that surround it can cause pain, loss of function or mobility, strength or sensation changes, and some other problems.
- Nerve Damage
- Organ Damage – Bleeding, swelling, bruising, or acute injury to internal organs can result in severe or life-threatening complications, sometimes even without apparent symptoms.
- Knee damage: Our knee is one of our body’s most sophisticated parts. A strong force of impact during a truck accident can cause substantial damage to the bones, tendons, cartilage, ligaments, muscles, and other structures that make up this joint. A knee injury may require extensive medical treatment.
- Wrongful death: Tragically, most accidents can result in the loss of life. If one of these terrible accidents killed your loved one, an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Houston could fight for you under Houston’s injury law.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a tragic truck accident, there are a few steps you can take, including:
- Dial 911 to notify the police or emergency services.
- Help anyone in need.
- Get sufficient information from any other drivers.
- Get insurance information from the other driver.
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witness.
- Document the scene on your mobile phone by taking pictures and video.
After a traumatic experience, being responsive and calm can be difficult. Nonetheless, maintaining a cool head and gathering as much information as you can after a truck crash will help you move forward with an accident compensation claim.
Our truck and 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Houston will conduct a detailed investigation to collect all critical details and proof of evidence. We will look at the logbooks of the truck driver to see if they are violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations or are driving past the permitted hours by the law. Our law firm knows when to label third parties and how to assess your argument correctly. Under the Texas truck accident law, the amount of time a person has to seek compensation for damages and injury is strictly limited. That’s why you must find a lawyer who will give you the care and attention that you truly deserve.
Benefits of Hiring Troy M. Moore to Handle Your Accident Lawsuit
For years of service, the wheeler accident lawyer at the Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, handled many types of a trucking accident or injury claims – from automobile accidents, bus accidents, and property damages to construction accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and beyond.
At The Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, our trial lawyer has the experience specifically regarding truck accident litigation, investigation, insurance company strategies, and proven results required to handle your unique case. We can handle the whole process from beginning to end.
Our trucking accident lawyer has represented thousands of families successfully, with a history of awards, substantial settlements, and legal judgments. Our personal injury lawyer in Houston takes a hands-on approach in every case.
We have over 20 years of extensive experience practicing law. And we are deeply dedicated to providing each client with the time, care, and attention they deserve.
It is our sole duty and mission to bear the burden of the entire process for our clients. We stand by them and work hand-in-hand in their best interests.
Don’t be a victim TWICE!
We will take your case as far as we can go to serve you justice like you seek and deserve!
To learn more about how we can best represent you in heirship matters and lawsuits, please contact our Northwest Houston / Cypress Location today at 281-970-8039.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and we provide a free phone consultation to all prospective clients. NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN!