Call or Text to (281) 970-8039

Estate Planning Lawyer

Financial Power Of Attorney

Financial powers of attorney, or statutory durable powers of attorney allow you to name a certain individual to have decision-making power and direction over your financial interests and business concerns should you become incapacitated. They provide a seamless continuity in the access of funds and the handling of your affairs. At Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, our attorneys help you establish a financial power of attorney directive that provides assurance that your finances will be handled correctly should you become incapacitated.

Houston Financial Powers Of Attorney — Establishing A Statutory Durable Power Of Attorney

The person you establish as your financial power of attorney will typically be able to access your funds to take care of daily concerns, such as paying bills, mortgages, taxes and arrangements. He or she is often allowed to monitor your accounts and pull statements as needed. You are allowed to place whatever restrictions or parameters you choose, limiting access to your finances.

Some individuals entrust a great amount of authority to their durable power of attorney, allowing him or her to make investment decisions or take over shareholder responsibilities. We will listen to your needs in this area and help you establish a directive that is customized to your financial needs and comfort level.

Without a financial power of attorney, a guardianship is generally sought to provide someone close to you these powers. Establishing a guardianship can be a time-consuming and expensive process, a costly inconvenience during a time when you are incapacitated, family members are stressed and time is of the essence in dealing with financial concerns. Having a financial power of attorney avoids these headaches and provides you confidence that your affairs will be handled in a timely manner and in accordance with your wishes.

This is particularly important for same-sex couples. Same-sex marriage is not legally recognized in Texas, and without this directive, your partner or spouse will not be able to handle your affairs.

Call 281-970-8039
Georgetown / Roundrock
Call: 512-595-7225


Contact Us

To learn more about how we can best represent you in heirship matters and lawsuits, please contact our Cypress Location today at 281-970-8039, or our Georgetown / Roundrock location at 512-595-7225.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we provide a free phone consultation to all prospective clients.