Houston Probate Lawyer – Texas Probate Law
In Texas, probate is a process that, in many cases, cannot be avoided. Probate is an umbrella term for the legal proceedings to transfer assets after death, and it also, more importantly, clears title to real estate, bank accounts, vehicles, etc. In general, the term has been expanded to include the administration of a loved one’s estate. In order to probate a Will, you should have the original Will and seek out a probate lawyer of your choosing. If you have questions about estate planning or have recently lost a loved one, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation with our office. Call 281-970-8039 or Contact Us.
At the Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC, our Northwest Houston & Cypress, Texas probate lawyer understands the emotional stress that people feel after the loss of a loved one. It is our goal to guide clients through this challenging time in the most efficient, cost-effective manner possible.
Houston Probate Lawyer
Mr. Moore handles many areas of probate for the office’s clients. Areas include the following:
- Probate & Administration of Estates;
- Heirship & Intestate Estates;
- Small Estate Affidavit; and
- Alternatives to Probate
There are numerous aspects that can be addressed through the probate process, including:
- Collecting a decedent’s assets (e.g. bank accounts, real estate, personal property;
- Liquidating liabilities from creditor claims;
- Paying necessary taxes;
- Distributing property to heirs or beneficiaries; and
- Clearing title to real estate in order to sell the real estate.
The statutes and regulations surrounding probate and estate administration are constantly evolving. An experienced attorney can provide valuable insight and representation in a number of areas, including:
- Determining the identity of the decedent’s heirs if he or she died without leaving a will;
- Pursuing any claims against third parties for money that is owed to the estate;
- Transferring a title with the goal of selling property;
- Pursuing Letters of Testamentary if assets are frozen;
Do not hesitate to discuss your unique situation with a skilled attorney. We can provide honest answers and a realistic assessment of the legal situation you are facing.
If you have questions regarding the probate process, call the North and Northwest Houston, Texas, area Law Office of Troy M. Moore, PLLC at 281-970-8039 or complete our online Contact Us form. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we provide a free phone consultation to all prospective clients.