Probate Lawyer – Texas Probate Law
In Texas, probate is a process that, in many cases, cannot be avoided. Probate is an umbrella term for the legal proceedings to transfer assets after death, and it also, more importantly, clears title to real estate, bank accounts, vehicles, etc. In general, the term has been expanded to include the administration of a loved one’s estate. In order to probate a Will, you should have the original Will and seek out a probate lawyer of your choosing. If you have questions about estate planning or have recently lost a loved one, we encourage you to schedule a free consultation with our office. We have two locations in Texas — one in Northwest Houston/Cypress area and one in Georgetown, Texas. Call one of the above phone numbers or Contact Us.
Probate Attorney Near You
- Collecting a decedent’s assets (e.g. bank accounts, real estate, personal property
- Liquidating liabilities from creditor claims
- Paying necessary taxes
- Distributing property to heirs or beneficiaries
- Clearing title to real estate in order to sell the real estate.
The statutes and regulations surrounding probate and estate administration are constantly evolving. An experienced attorney can provide valuable insight and representation in a number of areas, including:
- Determining the identity of the decedent’s heirs if he or she died without leaving a will;
- Pursuing any claims against third parties for money that is owed to the estate;
- Transferring a title with the goal of selling a property;
- Pursuing Letters of Testamentary if assets are frozen;
Do not hesitate to discuss your unique situation with a skilled attorney. We can provide honest answers and a realistic assessment of the legal situation you are facing.
If you are thinking to yourself that “I need a probate attorney near me,” then give us a call to schedule your free consultation. You can schedule your consult and get directions on our contact page.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we provide a free phone consultation to all prospective clients.